This informative kit includes the MSA tips & tools on topics such as how to comply with the scheme and the key factors that influence meat eating quality. The full list of MSA tips & tools is available online at www.mla.com.au/tipsandtools or you can order free hard copies by phoning MLA on 1800 023 100.
The tips & tools from the MSA series with a focus on production are:
1. What is MSA?
2. How to supply beef in the MSA system
3. MSA requirements for handling cattle
4. How MSA beef is graded
5. How MSA grades are determined
Others in the series include:
• The effect of Bos indicus and tropical cattle on beef eating quality
• The effect of marbling on beef eating quality
• The effect of ossification on beef eating quality
• The effect of pH on beef eating quality
• The effect of the pH temperature decline on beef eating quality
• How ageing affects beef eating quality
• How tenderstretch affects beef eating quality
• The effect of cooking on beef eating quality